Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Reaping Rewards

I would like to say that the stress level has gotten better since my last entry...yeah, I would LIKE to say that, but it's not true.  We are still in a holding pattern with my mom, but we will have the opportunity to take her out of the Health and Rehab Center for a bit on Saturday and see how she does.  So at least, for this week, there are no decisions to be made.

This Friday I get to relax during a one hour massage that I gave to myself in celebration of losing 10 pounds and keeping it off.  Though I have lost more, this Friday was the first day I had free to schedule it.  Living a healthier lifestyle should be reward enough, (and keeping my liver, thank you very much) but let's face it, we are human and I too like the idea of a "prize" at the end of the tunnel.  We are a society that also tends to use food as a reward.  Played a great game?  The team goes out for pizza.  Got good grades?  Ice cream sundaes all around.  Finished that tough project at work?  Happy hour at the local bar.  Take some time to think about your own rewards, and how can you trade those bad prizes into something more meaningful.  Even if food is not your ultimate blue ribbon, do we really need another pair of shoes or another top?  Okay, maybe that is pushing it too far, but I'm sure you get the drift.  Making yourself feel good does not have to be about food.  There are other experiences or treats out there.  Though a one hour massage is going to cost me more than a blouse would, to me a massage is the ultimate "take care of yourself" experience.  It is not only good for the body, but good for the soul.  If my budget would allow it, I'd have one at least every month.  Alas, that is not the case, which makes this reward special.  My pot of gold at the end of the 10 pound rainbow.

Now to come up with something for 20 pounds.

Weight Lost This Week - 0.6 lbs.
Total Weight Lost -        15.4 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment