Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lesson for the Week

There was an article published by the NY Times this week titled The 'Healthy Obese' and their Healthy Fat Cells, by Anahad O'Connor.  Have a look.  Hopefully the link will continue to work, but if not, you can use it to find the article.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/09/the-healthy-obese-and-their-healthy-fat-cells/?_r=0

For those who have been faithfully following, I enjoyed my massage last week.  I certainly needed it on all sorts of levels.  My head has been spinning...there is so much going on with my mom, and many hard decisions need to be made.  These are the moments that make being an only child the pits (please feel free to use stronger language - I certainly did) since the decisions are ultimately mine.  I'm convinced to go one way and then someone in our immediate household points something else out and then I'm once again unsure.  Afraid.  Unsettled.  Sad.  Damned if I do and damned if I don't.  Both decisions are lacking - there are pros and cons to both.  A coworker of my husband though made a really good point this morning.  We are not young ourselves.  What we would love to do in a perfect world, where we are 35, healthy and energetic is a far cry from  reality.  My mom is currently the "best she will ever be" according to her therapists - but how is she going to be in a month?  A week? 

With that I leave you with the article as food for thought.  Hope you enjoy it.

Weight Lost This Week:   0.6 lbs.
Total Weight Lost:          16.0 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment